İstanbul: Mellow

The term gastropub, which emerged in the 1990s, began to be used rapidly in businesses in Türkiye. I am not sure; however, it was considered as an opportunity, especially after the certain pandemic. We may accept this term as a combination of traditional pubs and restaurants serving delicious food. In this post, I would like to present you a good example of a gastropub from Istanbul.

Shrimp Taco by Mellow
Shrimp Taco

Mellow is located in the center of Istanbul. I had never been before and heard about it through a friend's recommendation. I tried Shrimp Taco when I went and then I wanted to recommend it to you. (Since the photo I took was not beautiful, I wanted to share the photo found on Mellow's social media account.)

This spicy taco with oyster sauce is served with homemade Mexican style pickled peppers. I can easily say that it is the most delicious taco I have ever eaten. Shrimp lovers especially need to try it. On the other hand, if you are not comfortable with hot products, you can easily find another option as the menu is quite rich.

If you want to try traditional Turkish cuisine, there are good examples on the menu: Zucchini Mucver can be tried.

I don't know how the restaurant would be in summer. But I think it can be preferred exactly in autumn and winter months. You can sit outside, but honestly I suggest you try the atmosphere inside.

Where is Mellow?

The restaurant is within walking distance of Galataport. Istanbul Museum of Modern Art and Pera Museum are also very close. Right next to the restaurant is the Orhan Kemal Literature Museum. In short, when you prepare a route that includes Beyoğlu, you may want to make a plan for Mellow as well.


Comments

  1. Looks great restaurant with very calm environment to enjoy your favourite Turkish cuisines . Its location is also great just in the heart of Istanbul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment