First Experince with Fried Catfish

Ödemiş, one of the districts of İzmir, is a quiet place that does not attract many tourists. In the north of the district, there is Gölcük* neighborhood with an altitude of more than 1000 meters. Here is Gölcük Lake, the deepest point of which is 7 meters. The catfish is the ruler of the lake...


Curious, I looked at the news. Records were broken in the lake in different years. A fish weighing 2.10 cm and 55 kg was caught. Another 172 kilos of fish in 2014... If I had seen it in water, I would probably have been scared. It was scary to even see the photos. (I learned that carp and crayfish are hunted in the lake as well.)

I'm a little distant towards freshwater fishes. Saltwater fishes are my favourite. On the other hand, I can't say that I don't like catfish either. To be honest, I have to admit that the lemons and arugula in the photo also had an effect, and I also sat at the table when I was a little hungry.

If you happen to pass by Kusadasi or Selcuk and you have rented a car, I can suggest you to consider this place. Nature preserved, lush environment. It is an ideal place especially for walking. I loved it when I went in September last year; but I don't think the weather can be very different in other seasons.

* Göl means lake in Turkish, and -cık, -cuk, and similar suffixes such as add a small meaning to the word. So Gölcük means small lake.

Comments

  1. Catfish soup is one of the most delicious 😋 soups...Though it can be expensive, it's worth every penny and anyone who hasn't tried one before really has to because I can assure that you won't regret it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment