Antalya: Alanya Castle

East View
When it comes to Turkey, most people think of two cities: Istanbul and Antalya. I would also like to mention in my first publication a place that I would like you to see about Alanya, one of the largest districts of Antalya: Alanya Castle.

The castle, built during the Hellenic period, was an expanded building during the Seljuks. In fact, I don't think it has much difference from other castles, but I would like to mention a few special aspects.

First, the view that he has. As with all other castles, the land visible from the ramparts should be wide. On the other hand, Alanya Castle has a wonderful view. The Eastern Mediterranean is literally at your feet. If you are coming to Alanya for a summer vacation, how about seeing the sea you are swimming in warm waters from this castle?..

The second special thing is that it is not like a museum. There is a settlement inside the castle. There are grocery stores, restaurants and souvenir shops in this village. If you want to try something local, I can recommend the "gözleme". Along with "ayran" or Turkish tea next to it.

Vehicles can be used at the castle. If you wish, you can go back and forth by taxi or rented car. I don't recommend it to me if you don't have a special case. You can get to the castle on foot in about an hour and a half. And it'll take you about an hour to get back.

My advice will be that you prefer the cable car. A wonderful view will be waiting for you. I think it will also be fun for spouses, families with children and groups of friends. I don't remember wrong, it takes no more than 7-8 minutes. By the way, I have to mention: There is a path with stairs when going down from the cable car and into the castle. Therefore, traveling by stroller or wheelchair can be quite difficult.


The mosque, built by the Seljuks in the thirteenth century, was repaired by Suleiman, one of the famous sultans of the Ottoman Empire. You can visit it outside of worship hours. I am sure that you will also be able to admire the unique architecture of the historical cemeteries around the mosque.

Some photos from my phone...

Alanya Süleymaniye Mosque


West View and Ramparts

West View and Ramparts




Comments